Pool News & 2021 Opening Dates
Now is a great time for everyone to review the pool rules.
The Pierce Park Pool (1801 Pierce Street) is currently open for use by residents. The Scott Park Pool (177 Corn Planters Street) and Edgefield Park Pool (1651 Oak Leaf Street) will open for resident use on Saturday, April 3rd. Pool hours for all 3 pools are 5 AM – 10 PM, 7 days a week. Please keep in mind that swim team practice may alter these hours at the Pierce Park and Scott Park Pools.
This year we will NOT be utilizing the pool reservation system CourtReserve. However, the pools and occupancy numbers will be self-policed while gate attendants are not at the pools. Due to the ongoing COVID Pandemic, the current occupancy number of pool patrons/swimmers within the pool gates is 75 people. Our POA staff will be conducting spot checks to ensure that residents are following the occupancy number.
At this time with the lower occupancy number, only residents will be allowed to enter the pools. No guests will be permitted.
COVID Protective Measures:
- In addition to staying at least 6 feet apart from people you don’t live with, masks are required to be worn in public spaces like the pool deck, entrances, and restrooms until the City lifts the mask ordinance.
- Residents are encouraged to use hand sanitizer upon arriving and before leaving the pool. There will be hand sanitizer provided for residents to use while at the pool.
Gate attendants will be staffed at each pool the week of Spring Break April 5-9th. In May, there will be 2 gate attendants per pool from 8 AM -8 PM. Our gate attendants will have a counter in hand to ensure compliance with occupancy numbers and they will be checking to make sure residents are following the mask ordinance.
- Flying Fish Swim Team: Please click HERE for information about the Flying Fish Swim Team.
- Swim Camp: Please click HERE for information about the summer swim camps.
- Swim Lessons: Swim lessons are provided by Swim Charleston. Email SwimLessons@SwimCharleston.org for more information about swim lessons.
- Please note that Swim Charleston is Daniel Island’s only swim lesson provider. Other instructors may contact Cathy to be added under the Swim Charleston umbrella but are otherwise not permitted to teach at the pools.
Please make sure that you have your pool fobs. The fobs are property specific, small grey or green circular devices that grant you access to the pools when they are open. Each Daniel Island Community Association (DICA) property is given 2 complimentary fobs.
If you are a new property owner in DICA, the previous owner should have left you the fobs at your property. If the fobs were left with you at the property, please email us at email@example.com to get them switched into your name. If there were no fobs left at the property, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for your first 2 complimentary fobs.
Lost or Damaged Fobs?
After the first 2 complimentary fobs, all lost or physically damaged fobs are $50/fob to replace.
Please also take this time to go over pool etiquette with your children if they are old enough to attend the pool without an adult.
- No child under the age of 13 should be left at the pool without a parent or guardian. Children under the age of 13 should be accompanied by an adult at least 18 years of age or older.
- Please do not climb on the fences, lifeguard chairs or dive blocks.
- All 3 pools are equipped with 24 hour video surveillance.
- The Lap lanes are not to be sat on or hung on.
- Backstroke flags (the triangle pennant flags at Pierce) are at the pool for lap swimmer use. They are not to be torn off or hung on.
- Please be respectful of other swimmers and sunbathers.