Daniel Island is an ever-changing community with many new residents moving to the island every month. We have compiled a short article of resources helpful for new residents.
Daniel Island Property Owners’ Association (POA) – The Daniel Island Property Owners’ Association (POA) office provides several services for residents, including:
- Maintenance of common property (trails, pools, boat launch ramps, parks, playgrounds, ponds, etc.)
- Mailbox installation
- Architectural Review Board Administration
- Enforcement of restrictions & rules outlined in the community Covenants
In addition, the POA office serves as the primary source of information for owners, using newsletters and this community website as key tools for resident communications.
Finally, the POA also seeks to foster a sense of community by helping to coordinate, organize, and promote social, educational, and recreational programs and events for residents.
All property owners become members of one of three Associations (Daniel Island Community Association (DICA), Daniel Island Park Association (DIPA), and Daniel Island Town Association (DITA)) on the island. All three Associations are administered by the staff at the POA office, located at 130 River Landing Drive, Suite 1C.
Daniel Island Associations
There are three Associations on the island – The Daniel Island Community Association (DICA), The Daniel Island Park Association (DIPA), and The Daniel Island Town Association (DITA).
- Daniel Island Community Association (DICA) – includes single-family and townhome properties south of I-526 as well as the Parkside Condominiums.
- Daniel Island Park Association (DIPA) – includes residential property north of I-526 (except the Oaks).
- Daniel Island Town Association (DITA) – includes the business district of Daniel Island and most of the multi-family residential developments (including the Oaks).
If you ever need clarification as to which association you belong to, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 843.971.9200.
Daniel Island POA Website
One of our most useful tools is our website – www.dicommunity.org. Here you can find information on many different topics including:
- Architectural Review Board (ARB) – The goal of the Daniel Island Architectural Review Board (ARB) is to create an architectural and site planning statement for Daniel Island neighborhoods and to provide a comprehensive set of standards that will allow this community to develop in an orderly and cohesive manner within the development’s comprehensive Master Plan.
- Calendar of Events and Activities – The calendar of events and activities highlights all of the events our office hosts as well as various other events around the island/charleston area. This calendar is populated by the event organizer so not ALL events may be listed but we try to get as many added as possible.
- Parks and Trails – Daniel Island has hundreds of acres of land that are home to beautiful parks, playgrounds, and passive greenspaces. The extensive 25+ mile trail system winds through maritime forest, along the marsh and the water’s edge, and through neighborhoods and the island’s downtown, offering scenic views and a safe and convenient environment for runners, walkers, and cyclists.
- Daniel Island Amenities – Daniel Island has a wide range of amenities available for resident enjoyment. Read our guide below for more information about parks, playgrounds, boat landings, and pools.
- Important Documents – the Daniel Island CC&Rs (governing documents) for each of the three Associations
- City of Charleston and Berkeley County Services
- and MORE!
Daniel Island has two philanthropic organizations – the Daniel Island Community Fund and The Daniel Island Community Foundation.
- Daniel Island Community Fund (DICF) – The Daniel Island Community Fund (DICF) was established as a means for supporting community enhancement projects and philanthropic initiatives on Daniel Island and in the surrounding Cainhoy peninsula communities. This private 501 (c) 4 organization is financially supported by a Community Enhancement Fee on all resale transactions on the island. The structure of the DICF allows its financial resources to grow as the island grows, creating a legacy for the community for generations to come. Zero funding from Annual Property Owner Assessments goes toward the Community Fund.
- The Daniel Island Community Foundation (Foundation) – The Daniel Island Community Foundation is a nonprofit corporation duly organized under the laws of the State of South Carolina. This private 501 (c) 3 organization is financially supported by donations from Daniel Island Residents, businesses, and employees. The Daniel Island Community Foundation was set up as a vehicle for Daniel Island Residents and Businesses to fund non-profit initiatives. A resident advisory committee has been established to assist in identifying charitable causes and organizations important to Daniel Island residents.
Our office utilizes a weekly Newsletter, emailed on Tuesday afternoons, to send important communications with the island. Each week included in the Newsletter are announcements that cover anything from reminders, important news, or just general updates, and Upcoming Events and Activities. We also use this email distribution list to send out urgent notices as needed, for example, impending storms or traffic alerts.
Participating in this email list is optional but highly recommended. Your information will not be shared and you can unsubscribe at any time. To participate in the email list, scroll to the bottom of this page and fill out the form that says “Sign Up For Our Newsletter”.
We utilize social media to advertise events, send out quick updates for events, share City information, special information that is not urgent/does not need a stand-alone e-blast, and more. If the announcement is urgent, we will send a notice out via our e-blast and social media.
Give us a follow!
- Facebook – Daniel Island Property Owners Association
- Instagram – @danielislandpoa
If you ever need assistance or have questions, please contact us at email@example.com or 843.971.9200.