In an effort to comply with our CC&Rs and to recognize residents’ growing interest in celebrating family milestones, the Daniel Island Architectural Review Board has implemented the below policy regarding celebratory signage for the Daniel Island Community Association and Daniel Island Park Association.
“The Daniel Island Architectural Review Board (ARB) will allow graduation signs and celebratory signs to be displayed on behalf of an owner or occupant. Owners may display up to (1) graduation sign per school or (1) celebratory sign per event per property for a period of time not to exceed 14 days. This includes prior to, during, or following the celebrated event. Any amendments or modification requests of this policy must be approved by the ARB.”
- Celebratory signs (includes graduation signs, kids sports team signs, senior and college acceptance signs, etc.) are to be removed after 14 days.
- Signs are not allowed in the right-of-way
- Signs are not allowed in common areas such as parks, green spaces, side of the road, etc.
- Allowable sign size 18″ x 24″
- No business signs are allowed
- (1) small security sign or (1) legal proceeding sign is allowed
- (1) political sign per candidate during an election time is allowed – not to exceed 45 days prior to the election and 5 days following the election
- Builder signs need to have ARB approval
- No for sale or for lease signs are allowed
Please note the signage restrictions from Exhibit C, Section (2)(f) of the Daniel Island CC&Rs still apply in addition to the above (please see below).
Exhibit C, Section (2)(f): The display of signs, objects or items of any kind by or on behalf of an owner or occupant of a Unit without the prior written consent of the ARB, except (1) such signs as may be required by legal proceedings; and (2), not more than one (1) professional security sign of such size deemed reasonable by the ARB in its sole discretion. Unless in compliance with Article IX, no signs, objects, or other displays shall be posted or erected by or on behalf of any Owner or occupant within any portion of the Properties, including the Common Area, any Unit or any structure or dwelling located on the Common Area or any Unit (if such sign would be visible from the exterior of such structure or dwelling as determined in the reviewing body’s sole discretion). Notwithstanding the preceding, an Owner is permitted to display one political sign (not exceeding 18″ by 24″) per candidate on his Unit for a time period not to exceed 45 days prior to the election and 5 days following the election. In addition, no signs shall be placed in any rights of ways.
If you have any questions regarding signs, please email our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.