Registration for the swim team takes place on the Flying Fish website, not via the POA website.
- Returning swimmers will receive an email from Swimtopia on or before March 26 with a registration link
- New this year: Siblings of returning swimmers will not register during early registration. Please wait to register siblings who are new to the swim team when new swimmer registration begins on April 9th.
- New Swimmer registration will begin at 9 am on Tuesday, April 9th. Please register via the Flying Fish website HERE. Please note that the registration link will not be live until 9 am on April 9th.
- Swimmers must be 5 years of age by June 1- no exceptions.
- New this year:
- All new and returning swimmers ages 5, 6, 7, and 8 must come for evaluations and complete a swim test before officially being accepted onto the team.
- 5 and 6-year-olds must swim freestyle the length of the pool without touching the wall, lane rope, or bottom of the pool.
- 7 and 8-year-olds must swim freestyle and backstroke the length of the pool without touching the wall, lane rope, or bottom of the pool.
New Swimmer Evaluations
All swimmer evaluations will take place at Pierce Park Pool on one of the following dates/times:
- Monday, April 22 from 3:30 – 5 PM
- Tuesday, April 23, from 3:30 – 5 PM
- Wednesday, April 24th from 3:30 -5 PM
Following online registration, a signup genius will be emailed out to select a day and time to be evaluated. You only need to sign up for one evaluation time. Decisions will be made once all swimmers have been evaluated. (On or around April 25)
Other Important Dates
- The kickoff breakfast will be held on Saturday, April 27 from 8-10 am. Augusta Swim Shop will be there for team suit try-ons and ordering.
- There will be a parent meeting for parents of ALL swimmers on Thursday, April 25 at 7 pm at the Providence Baptist Church on Seven Farms Drive.
- Practice will begin for ages 7 and up on May 1st. The final practice schedule is posted on the Flying Fish website HERE.
- Daniel Island Community Association (DICA): $145 per swimmer
- Daniel Island Park Association/Daniel Island Town Association (DIPA/DITA): $170 per swimmer
- Don’t know your association? DICA consists of all property owners south of 526. DIPA consists of property owners north of 526. DITA consists of Daniel Island apartments and condos. If you are still unsure of which association you fall under, please email the POA office at email@example.com
If a swimmer chooses not to be on the swim team at any point during the season after the practice starts, they will not be refunded for their registration.