Help East Cooper Community Outreach assemble hurricane preparedness kits for our neighbors in need. Donate today or volunteer with them on September 17th.
There are many volunteer opportunities to make this goal a reality. Here are some practical ways you can be involved:
- Host a drive to collect the needed items – Your Daniel Island POA will collect items and deliver them to ECCO. You can drop off any of the below items to your POA office at 130 River Landing Drive, Suite 1C. Collection will end Friday, September 13th at 4:30 PM.
- Donate towards the effort
- Bring your kids to the Mount Pleasant Farmer’s Market to help ECCO design and decorate the kits
- Help assemble the 300+ kits
- Volunteer to help distribute the kits to our neighbors
ECCO be accepting donations until September 18th at their location on Six Mile Road or drop off items at the Daniel Island POA office.
Visit ECCO on September 17th at the Mount Pleasant Farmers Market to decorate/design the kits and learn more about ECCO. They’ll have Rob Fowler from News2 at their booth that evening broadcasting the local weather report.
To sign up to participate, simply follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Sign Up! Register yourself, your group or family to participate in this effort. Visit https://www.allforgood.org/projects/78eKpRkp to sign up now!
- Step 2: Our ECCO staff will contact you to find out the way(s) you’d like to volunteer and help you get started
- Step 3: Play your role in making this effort a possibility!
Below are supplies needed for the hurricane ready kits:
- 300 Boxes
- Extra batteries (C & AA size preferred)
- Plastic Tarp
- Duct Tape
- First Aid Kits
- Deck of Cards
- Hygiene Kits
If you have any questions, or would like more information, please contact Jo Cooper at email@example.com or at 843-416-7127
Find out more about ECCO at eccocharleston.org