Daniel Island is home to numerous parks and we encourage residents to enjoy them. We are frequently asked about reserving the parks for special occasions and events. Below are general guidelines and information regarding rentals and park usage.
For smaller gatherings with less than 30 people:
The picnic tables, grills, playground areas, etc. in the Daniel Island POA-managed parks can be enjoyed on a first-come, first-served basis without a reservation unless they are already booked for a larger event. For a list of parks and their features, please visit our website – https://dicommunity.org/community/parks-trails/
*Please note that Etiwan Park, Governor’s Park, and Fallen Oak Park are managed by the City of Charleston. If you are interested in reserving one of these locations, please contact the City of Charleston Recreation Department at 843-724-7327. You can also visit their website – https://www.charleston-sc.gov/362/Reservations-Rentals
For larger gatherings with more than 30 people, such as weddings or special events:
Please contact Lisa Avant – email@example.com for availability, the rental process, paperwork, guidelines, and fees.
Please contact Dani Stix – firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
General Park Rules:
- Use of picnic tables and grills is first-come, first-serve.
- Please remember this is a public space for all residents to enjoy. Be courteous and respectful to others.
- Please do not staple, tack, nail, etc. any décor or table covering to the picnic tables, trees, signs, etc. located in the parks.
- No tents are allowed.
- No inflatables or jump castles are allowed.
- No live animals, ponies, petting zoos, etc.
- No food trucks or other food carts unless a permit from the City is issued and you notify us.
- Please leave the space as you found it. Carry out all trash and clean up all decorations, food, and other supplies carried in.
- Alcohol is prohibited.
If you have any questions or need more information, please email the Daniel Island POA office at email@example.com or call (843) 971.9200.