The Daniel Island Community Fund (DICF) was established as a means for supporting community enhancement programs and philanthropic initiatives on Daniel Island and in the surrounding Cainhoy peninsula communities. This private 501 (c) 4 organization is financially supported by a Community Enhancement Fee on all resale transactions on the island. The structure of the DICF allows its financial resources to grow as the island grows, creating a legacy for the community for generations to come. The Daniel Island Community Fund’s board is made up of Daniel Island residents, who are involved with all grants made.
Thus far in 2022, the DICF sponsored some successful events such as the Concert in the Park, Independence Day Celebration, the Acoustic Guitar Series, the Danziger Cup Kids Fishing Tournament, Rotary Duck Race, and more still to come!
In addition to events on the island, our Daniel Island Community Fund has awarded over $258,000 in grants through our April 1st grant cycle and $210,483 in grants through our August 1st grant cycle. The Nonprofit Organizations that received grants through the August 1st cycle are as follows:
- Advanced Technology International
- Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired South Carolina
- Avian Conservation Center
- Baldwin Carson Community Outreach Center
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Lowcountry
- Camp Rise Above
- The Childrens Museum of the Lowcountry
- Coastal District Council Of The St Vincent De Paul Society Diocese Of
- East Cooper Community Outreach
- Girls on the Run Charleston
- Hearts of Huger Revitalization Effort
- LENS Foundation
- Lifeline Childrens Services, Inc.
- Philip Simmons Elementary STEAM School
- Providence Baptist Church
- South Carolina Congress Of Parents And Teachers, Daniel Island School PTA
- Windwood Farm Home for Children, Inc.
More information will be provided in our 2023 Philanthropy Report which will be mailed to all property owners in the 1st quarter of 2023.