City of Charleston Citizen Services Desk
The POA office fields calls and emails from island owners regarding City of Charleston Public Service questions or concerns. These are matters that are the responsibility of and are addressed by the City and not the POA. The City provides all residents a means of reporting their concerns directly to the City for their follow-up.
The Citizen Services Desk connects residents to City of Charleston services and information. The City encourages you to contact them to report a problem, request a service or ask a question regarding a City service. Their hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM.
Most Frequently Requested Services:
While there are many, below are some of the most frequently requested City services:
- Garbage Roll Cart Requests
- Missed Trash/Garbage/Yard Collection
- Get a Pothole/Sinkhole Fixed
- Sidewalk Repair – Resurfacing, Shaving
- Street Tree Pruning – Trees between curb and sidewalk
- Street /Storm Drains Cleaning
- Storm Water Flooding
- Street Sweeping
- Street Re striping – Center Lines, Stop Bars, Crosswalk Markings, Pavement Markings
- Signage – Stop Signs/One Way/One Sided Parking & Other Directional Signage
How Should I Report A New Issue/Request?
- Submit a Request Online – click HERE to report your concern or question online
- Or By Phone: (843) 724-7311
How To Check On Or Get A Status Update On A Previously Reported Issue?
Key Information To Provide To The Citizens Support Center To Help Address Your Issue:
- Location: Where is the problem or request located? (Address, intersection, etc. location, etc.)
- Description: What exactly is the issue or condition? (As much detail as you can provide)
- Time frame: How long has this issue/condition existed or when did you first notice it?
- Contact information: What is your name and your email address? (If you would like to receive information about the resolution to your issue, you will need to enter your email address into the Customer Request Management (CRM) system)
What Happens After I Submit My Service Request?
- Requests are entered into the Customer Request Management (CRM) system and immediately routed to the appropriate department to be addressed.
- The responsible department will investigate your issue and take the necessary steps to address it.
- If you want to provide an update or request information on the status of your issue, you can contact Citizen Services at 843-724-7311 or check your case status online.
- If you provided an email address, you will be notified when the service request is completed.
- Once your service request is completed, the City appreciates your feedback on the process, including customer service and the quality and timeliness of resolution to your issue. They use this data to monitor the quality of service citywide.
- Your online request to the City will create a Work Order # that will be assigned to the correct City department regarding your particular concern. You are then able to contact the City by phone or email using that work order number to find out the status of where the concern/complaint stands with the City. Once the concern/complaint has been addressed by the City – you should receive an email from them with the disposition of their findings and or repair.