The Daniel Island Young Philanthropist Contest celebrates the concept of philanthropy while supporting several local nonprofit organizations. The 2023 contest will run from June 1st through August 25th.
As part of the competition, youth are invited to raise money for a local non-profit organization of their choice, with matching funds up to $1,000 per charity to be donated by the Daniel Island Community Fund. Fundraising efforts can include but are not limited to, lemonade stands, bake sales, balloon raffles, car washes, new “GoFundMe” pages, and more. Get creative and have fun!
The top 3 young philanthropists who raise the most money for their selected nonprofit throughout the fundraising period will win a gift card.
How to Register for the Contest:
To register for the contest, please email Dani Stix at Danielle.Stix@dicommunity.org. Your email should include the following information:
- Young Philanthropists’ First and Last Name (can be a group)
- Young Philanthropists’ Age
- The organization that the Philanthropist will be fundraising for (must be a local, registered 501c3 organization)
- Fundraising Idea
- Projected Start Date of Fundraising (can be any time between June 1 and August 25)
- The contest ends on Friday, August, 25th.
- All fundraising proceeds must be submitted to the POA office via check by Friday, August 25th.
Submission of Proceeds to Daniel Island Community Foundation:
- Check: The contestant will bring one check to the Daniel Island POA office with the amount raised. The check should be made payable to Daniel Island Community Foundation (Daniel Island’s registered 501c3) with “Young Philanthropist Contest” written in the memo section.
- It is also asked that you please share photos of the philanthropists throughout their fundraising or at the end, to help celebrate them in their efforts. Photos will be shared via social media, the POA Newsletter, and the Annual Philanthropy Report.
Please do not submit fundraising proceeds until the end of the contest.
All proceeds must be in by Friday, August 25th for judging. An announcement will be made on Tuesday, September 5th with the three top Young DI Philanthropists!
Thank you for helping make a difference.