Join in for a beach/river sweep to help keep the Daniel Island Shores looking beautiful while preventing pollution of our waterways. Volunteers are welcome to come participate by foot, boat, canoe or kayak!
Earn volunteer credits for various organizations (bring your volunteer certification form for signature)!
- When: Saturday, September 18, 2021, at 12p (around low tide) to ~1pm
- Where: The end of River Landing Drive at the Wando River Waterfront Park on Daniel Island (nearby address: 32 River Landing Dr)
- Look for a table set up near the pier, where volunteers will be providing trash bags and trash inventory forms
- Apply bug spray and sun screen
- Wear a sun hat, old closed toe shoes (no flip flops), long pants and long sleeves to get into the marsh grass areas where lots of trash gets stuck
Bring the following if you have them:
- Trash picker
- Extra bug spray and sun block
The Daniel Island POA has generously agreed to provide a large dumpster and sponsor pizza and water for when you return with your trash haul!
Questions? Text or call site Captain Andrea True Kelly at 919-943-5023
Liability Waiver and Release of Claims:
By participating in this VOLUNTARY activity you (THE “participant” [AND IN THE CASE OF MINORS, YOUR “LEGAL GUARDIAN(S)”]) AGREE TO ALL OF THE FOLLOWING:
- To self-monitor and that you have not been diagnosed within the past 10 days, and are free of signs and symptoms of, COVID-19 (EXAMPLE OF symptoms include but are not limited to fever, cough, loss of taste or smell, shortness of breath) now and in the preceding 14 days, and that you have not knowingly been in close contact (ie, within 6 feet) with a person(s) infected with COVID-19 within the preceding 14 days of the activity.
- That you are deemed to have given a full release of liability to the released parties to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- That you assume all risk and release, waive and forever discharge any and all liability, claims and demands of whatever kind or nature against the event organizers, other participants, and sponsors, including and in each case without limitation their directors, officers, employees, volunteers, heirs, assignees, next of kin and/or legally appointed or designated representatives, and agents (the “released parties”), either in law or in equity, to the fullest extent permissible by law, including but not limited to damages or losses incurred for any reason or by any cause, including but not limited to the negligence, fault or conduct of any kind on the part of the released parties, including but not limited to death, bodily injury, illness, economic loss or out of pocket expenses, or loss or damage to property, which you, your heirs, assignees, next of kin and/or legally appointed or designated representatives, may have or which may hereinafter accrue on your behalf, which arise or may hereafter arise after your participation in the activity.